Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Thursday, October 02, 2008

So It Begins

Well people (I won't say "folks" because let's face it.  Most of the people who read this blog are Democrats and only Republicans can be "folks"), the news today is that John McCain is conceding Michigan to Obama.  This is the start of the tidal wave of bad news for McCain and the Republicans.  My guess is that Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin will be next to see their last McCain ad on TV.  Why is McCain doing this?  Because of these polls from Michigan.  When you go to that link, you can also link to polls from Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, etc etc etc.  The news from these polls is universally disastrous for McCain.


Obama's huge fund raising advantage is having an effect here.  Because Obama can afford to put serious resources in states that Republicans normally take for granted, McCain has to meet those challenges at the same time that he's got fewer resources at his command.  McCain is showing signs of being short of money.  I'm not saying that he's about to go broke.  But he has to watch his spending where Obama doesn't.

7 comments:

The Law Talking Guy said...

Pity poor Ohio.

Raised By Republicans said...

Yep...and Florida, Pennsylvania and Virginia.

Anonymous said...

Obama's campaign has so much money on hand, they bought Channel 73 on the Dish Network.

Dr. Strangelove said...

Speaking of Ohio, tonight on one of my favorite shows, Ugly Betty, the villain (Vanessa Williams) remarks offhandedly about Ugly Betty's blouse: "It's hideous--like driving through Ohio."

Raised By Republicans said...

OK, OK... I'm the only one on this blog who's actually driven through Ohio more than once and I can tell you that if you drive on I-80 it's really flat and boring with lots of dried up factory towns. But if you drive on I-70 it's a different story. From the Indiana line to Columbus or so, it's flat and farmy (is that a word?). But from Columbus to the West Virginia line, it's increasingly hilly and forested as you climb up into the Alleghenies.

Western and Northern Ohio is boring and flat. Southern and Eastern Ohio is pretty and hilly.
http://www.oll.state.oh.us/content_files_user/107797/112983.jpg

Dr. Strangelove said...

I cracked up when I heard the Ohio line, I said to my new spouse, "I know who I have to tell..." and we both thought of you, RbR. The remark is funny because it is not true. I mean, if she had said, "like driving through a Darfur refugee camp" then it would not be funny. Well, it would be, I guess, but in a Sarah Silverman sort of way.

Dr. Strangelove said...

Iowa Electronic Markets have been shifting hard Obama's way for the past few weeks. The VP debate did nothing to stop that--in fact, it got a little worse for McCain (electoral-vote.com shows that polls taken immediately after the debate show people thought Biden did better by anywhere from a 15-25 point margin, and while about 87-91% thought Biden was qualified to be President, only 42-44% thought Palin was.