Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Monday, September 08, 2008

Why, NBC?

I just don't get it. Why does NBC and like company fold every time a Republican bitches about "media Bias"?

They kicked Phil Donahue off the air because he was too "liberal". PBS nearly shut down Bill Moyers, removing him from NOW before bringing him back on his own show. CBS forced Dan Rather into retirement because the White House, who never countered or disproved Rather's claims but preferred to attack the messenger, was angry over his tales of Bush and the National Guard. And those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Now, because Olbermann got a little pissy on the air with these conservative pundits who say whatever, they are removing him and Matthews from election coverage on MSNBC. Ok, I will agree that Olbermann probably wasn't cut out to be a neutral election host and he has a special arrogance all his own. But this just looks bad on the part of NBC. Despite their claims, it looks political.

After 8 years of FOX News and bewitched journalists who preferred their love fest with GW and his cohort to tough questioning, I really wish NBC wouldn't give in. They probably fear that the Republican headed FCC will sanction them by messing with their broadcast license.

All the Democratic complaints about FOX and bias never did so much as made a ding in that "Fair and Balanced" news organization. It's a pity that there is such a bias in the media.

5 comments:

Raised By Republicans said...

The obvious fist attempt at an answer is that when the rich, conservative bosses over at Fox hear Democrats complain about bias, they don't care. But when the rich, conservative bosses at NBC hear Republicans complain about bias, they lend a sympathetic ear.

The Law Talking Guy said...

Frankly, I'm glad Olbermann is off the election coverage. When I hear him talk poll numbers, I know I'm not getting the neutral viewpoint I am looking for.

Presumably, however, NBC did all this in response to Nielsen ratings, not campaign pressures.

Anonymous said...

That isn't how I am hearing, LTG. But then I am only looking at NPR.

The Law Talking Guy said...

What I mean is, whatever NBC does or says, it turns out it is probably being done for its own financial gain rather than (explicitly) any political purpose.

Anonymous said...

oh, I agree with that. I just looks political. It isn't, but it looks that way.