Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bishop Robinson

Barack Obama invited the nation's only openly gay Episcopal bishop, Gene Robinson, to speak at an inaugural event at the Lincoln Memorial on Sunday. This, to me, wipes out the problem with inviting Rick Warren to speak at the inaugural. You can't get more inclusive than that in a religious context. I hope this sets the tone for the Obama administration's approach to gay and lesbian issues generally. The African-American community could use this kind of leadership.

2 comments:

Dr. Strangelove said...

This might not be a response to the uproar over inviting Warren, but perhaps the reverse... I wonder if the Obama camp first invited Warren in part to neuter criticism for the planned invitation of Robinson. With all the conservatives on record as favoring "inclusiveness," what can they now say?

Raised By Republicans said...

I suspect inviting both of them was the plan all along. I think Obama is sending a signal here that it's a big world and there is room for everyone in it.