Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Monday, July 07, 2008

Random Thought

Wouldn't former VT Senator Jim Jeffords be a fun choice for Obama's VP? Of course it will never happen, and Jeffords likely would not want the job anyway. I just thought it might be a nice riposte to Sen. Joe Lieberman's support for McCain.

5 comments:

Raised By Republicans said...

I agree that it probably wouldn't happen but it would be neat. It would reinforce Obama's "post partisan" message.

The Law Talking Guy said...

FYI Jim Webb just announced that no way, no how, will he accept a VP nomination. I know such things are sometimes just said, but he said it in such a way as to leave no doubt that he wants to stay in the Senate.

The Law Talking Guy said...

Jeffords isn't a nobody, but he's not much of a national figure. I'm also not sure if he's post-partisan or viewed by the GOP voter as super-partisan (against them). A Quisling.

Well, I still think the VP speculation is very fun. Choosing a VP is like adding another dimension to a candidate's profile. It illuminates and provides texture and context.

This time around, it matters even more, because (for different reasons) both VP candidates will have a better than average chance of assuming the office of the presidency.

Anonymous said...

-looking confused-

Why would Obama's VP have a better than average chance of assuming the office of the presidency?

(I get why McCain's VP would!)

Dr. Strangelove said...

I was wondering that myself. I suspect LTG is referring to longstanding fears of an assassination attempt on any black President.