Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Two cents

I also want to chip in my two cents about the press conference yesterday. There was only one thing that really startled me, and that was Bush saying that he would have gone to war with Iraq even knowing what he knows today; that is, that the things we thought were WMD were actually, well, not. That kind of bothered me. I guess he's just making the case that the world is better off without Saddam Hussein in power, period. That may be, but we could have saved some lives and $87,000,000,000 the other way.

It also appears he was coached to say repeatedly that Saddam Hussein was "a threat" but to never utter the words "immediate threat" or "imminent threat". I wonder if it has something to do with Rumsfeld getting caught in a contradiction.

But the stumbling over the "biggest mistake question" didn't bother me. What he said:

"I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here -- and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one,"

As a teacher, I know what it's like to get asked a question you haven't prepared for. You stumble over it, go home and you think of tons of things you could have said. So I actually sympathize with him there.

What did everyone else think?

No comments: