Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Price of Arrogance

The following figures are from icasualties.org on September 8, 2006:

Total U.S. military casualties (death) in Iraq: 2,666
Total U.S. military casualties (wounded) in Iraq 19,688
Additional Coalition (non-U.S.) military casualties (death) in Iraq: 233

Contractor deaths in Iraq (minimum--list is incomplete): 349
Journalist deaths in Iraq (minimum--list is incomplete): 100
Iraqi Police deaths (minimum--list is incomplete): 5,351

Iraqi Civilian deaths, from Iraq Body Count (min. - max.): 41,639 - 46,307

I have seen war. I have seen war on land and sea. I have seen blood running from the wounded. I have seen men coughing out their gassed lungs. I have seen the dead in the mud. I have seen cities destroyed. I have seen two hundred limping exhausted men come out of line-the survivors of a regiment of one thousand that went forward forty-eight hours before. I have seen children starving. I have seen the agony of mothers and wives. I hate war.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt, Address at Chautauqua, 14 August 1936
Fuck Saddam. We're taking him out.
-George W. Bush, to Condoleeza Rice and 3 Senators, as quoted by Time magazine and CNN, March 2002

No comments: