Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Friday, August 10, 2007

Another Grim Update

This is an update to two earlier posts (Dec 2005 and Nov. 2006) concerning the mounting casualties in Iraq. While the Bush Administration attributes the rising casualties to the troop "surge," it is worth observing that it also continues a trend reported on this blog for a couple of years.



Data courtesy of icasualties.org
[Click to Enlarge Image]

Total U.S. soldiers killed: 36,83
Total U.S. soldiers wounded: 27,186

3 comments:

Raised By Republicans said...

It would be interesting to see the casualties per 1000 deployed soldiers.

The Law Talking Guy said...

I concur with RBR on asking Dr.S to run more charts in his copious spare time. =) The per/1000 deaths would be fascinating. I detect the slope of fatalities to be steeper than that of the wounded. Are attacks gradually getting deadlier?

I believe that this is the most important graphic for the war right now, and I'm appalled that this blog is the only place you can find it.

Dr. Strangelove said...

That would be good data to have. Believe it or not, I looked for precisely that data, but I could not find a reliable source. I will continue to look in my copious spare time. I'm glad you all appreciate the chart, bleak though it is.