Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Even More Gay Marriage News

I saw a link to this poll on Daily Kos.  Two important things jump out right away.  First,  support for equal rights for marriage among Republicans has tripled from 6% to 18% in the last month!  Second, support for marriage equality is now the position of a plurality voters overall.  


This does not look like the polls I'd expect to see prior to a massive backlash.  It's interesting that the numbers really didn't shift from the summer of 08 to March of 09.  In other words, this isn't an Obama effect or a backlash against the Prop 8 campaign's transparent bigotry.  Rather I think this is the response to the Iowa Supreme Court's ruling.  

No comments: