Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Friday, February 09, 2007

Google is Dangerous

We here at the Citizen's have just had a less than ideal experience updating our blog (although we like the new look). We did this because Blogger left us with the impression that we really didn't have a choice. Eventually, to sign in and post, you' d have to have an updated blog and an updated account. There's the rub.

As part of the update, you now have to have a Google Account rather than just a Blogger account. This should worry bloggers and those who wish to protect blogger privacy. When I am signed into blogger, I am signed into a Google account by default. We have to sign in with an e-mail address and a password. This means that if I open a second window in order to run a Google search, I see my e-mail in the upper right hand corner of the Google search page. See for yourselves.

Will this allow Google to track my searches and link them directly to me? Would this, in turn, allow advertisers to spam me more easily based on my search terms? Google prides itself on this subtly of its advertising. Is this latest development a way of ensuring the revenue stream while violating my privacy? Would they pull a China on me and turn my search terms over the U.S. government if asked?

Something doesn't feel right. Google has taken over blogger. It has taken over You Tube. It is over reaching if you ask me. And as a result, it is turning into the evil-empire. My e-mail SHOULD NOT be appearing in a search homepage.

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.