Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Operation Iraqi Scapegoat

Call me slow, but I finally figured out Bush's new strategy in Iraq. He's trying to shift the blame to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. For the next two years, the refrain from the White House will be, "Bush did everything he could, but the Iraqis let us all down."

It's an old conservative tactic: blame the victim.

No wonder Maliki told the Wall Street Journal, "I wish I could be done with it even before the end of this term. I didn't want to take this position... and I will not accept it again."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

President Diem all over again.

 

// posted by LTG

Anonymous said...

Jon Stewart was all over this blame the Iraqis thing. He even skewered Vilsack with it. 

// posted by RBR