Bell Curve The Law Talking Guy Raised by Republicans U.S. West
Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Friday, October 12, 2007

Ann Coulter and the Fundamentalist Christians who Hate Jews

Ann Coulter showed her true colors the other day. Thanks to RBR for sending me the link offblog. Her contempt for Judaism is withering. What a wonderful world it would be if there were no Jews, "it would be like the Republican convention in New York City." She seriously said this.

In one sense, Coulter is just a fundamentalist Christian, like MILLIONS of others in this country. Like them (most Southern baptists, etc.) she believes that Christianity is the one true faith, and that all others are damned to fiery hell for all eternity, even babies, by a loving God (think about that...). Judaism is a sort of prequel to Christianity that is imperfect, and ultimately we have to "perfect" them into Christians. Such a thing could be just ignorant theology, were it not coupled with her "like the Republican convention in NEw York City" remark. That's not a mere call for conversion of Jews - it's a call for a sort of phyiscal extermination. She means the world ought to be white, blond, WASPy etc. I've been to Republican events - heck, I've been to Federalist Society events (I was briefly a member, even, but more later if you really care to know). There's a few tokens of different races, but it's Whitebread. Ann Coulter also went on to say that if they were all Christians, they would all be "defending their country" and so forth. No shit. So Jewish people don't love America.

The good news is that people like Coulter always say more than they mean. Yes, Ann, there were practically no Jewish people in the Republican party convention in New York in 2004. Want to guess why? Fascist bigots like you.

I'm waiting for the Republican candidates for President to deplore Coulter the way they scorned Moveon.org for the Petraeus-Betray-Us ad. Silence. Most of them actually agree with Coulter...on all of it.

9 comments:

Dr. Strangelove said...

That woman says what she says to get publicity, sell books, and make money. She believes in nothing but herself; she speaks for no one but herself. I feel no need to discuss her any further.

In other news, three cheers for the Norwegian Nobel Committee for recognizing climate change as an issue of peace.

Raised By Republicans said...

I'm sympathetic with Dr. S.'s feeling that people like Coulter are best ignored. But a little voice in my head says that's what the Germans thought about that funny little Austria dude whipping up trouble down in Munich.

I've read interviews with centrist politicians from Germany (those who survived the concentration camps) about what they thought of Hitler before he gained power. They thought he was a bafoon and a bit of a rube. They mocked his accent (low class Vienese) and they mocked his manerisms but they never took him seriously until it was too late.

I'm not saying Ann Coulter is Hitler. Frankly, she's not that clever. But she might the TV era's version of Leni Riefenstahl or Josef Goebels.

Part of me thinks, like Dr. S., that if we simply ignore her she will get tired and go away. But part of me thinks we ignore such highly public demagogues at our peril.

Dr. Strangelove said...

If that woman ever seeks political office or accepts a political appointment--i.e., if she ever actually does anything other than shoot her mouth off--then I'll join the rest of the good people of the world when we go to stone that vile bitch.

Until then, though, I really should try to avoid thinking about her for the sake of my blood pressure and the integrity of my stomach lining. Everything she says is makes me want to vomit all over her. She makes me wish I believed in a jealous, angry God, just so I could have the satisfaction of knowing there is an eternal, flaming hell waiting for her when she dies... may that blessed event come soon.

OK. Now you see why I really, really, should try to think about better things :-)

Raised By Republicans said...

Don't sugar coat it. Tell us what you really think! :-)

The Law Talking Guy said...

Why does Don Imus get thrown off TV for his insenstive pranklike humor, but Coulter's earnest vileness gets ignored or tolerated?

Dr. Strangelove said...

She's a (relatively) attractive younger woman, while he's an unattractive old man?

The Law Talking Guy said...

No. Imus was on CBS, which has a reputation to uphold. Coulter goes on Fox and other tripe.

Dr. Strangelove said...

Leaving aside my cynicism regarding appearance and gender, the difference is probably that Imus worked for CBS whereas Coulter appears on Fox and other tripe.

Ilikefacts said...

This whole article is twisted. Ann never said that a world without Jews would be like the republican convention, she said if there were no DEMOCRATS it would be that way, and frankly, it would be! She DID however say that she believes that Jews should be perfected by becoming Christian. That, to me, is in no way anti-simetic! That is a fundamental belief of Christianity! That everyone should convert and in that way become perfected. Does she believe people should be forced into conversion by the sword the way ISLAM does? Absolutely NOT! Maybe we should be criticizing those religions (*ahem* reliGION) that DO believe and ACT on it! PLUS she specifically said that she believes that Jews WILL still go to heaven. I happen to be a proud Jew and a fan of Ann Coulter. You people don't get it, Christians believe they are doing us a kindness by wishing us to convert. It is in no way anti-simetic and unlike you Liberals, Ann Coulter fights with facts, not emotions and lies. I'm sure me saying any of this is pointless because you all hate her because you WANT to hate her. No fact in the world would change your minds about that. I guess everything I just wrote are for those of you out their who value facts. Seriously, don't take any of this from me... Here's a tip: Look them up yourselves!